Wednesday 21 September 2016

kumihimo wire bracelet

Happened to see an awesome kumihimo wire bracelet YouTube tutorial and  wanted to try it immediately. So I ran to nearby  Joann's  and bought wire and beads.
But the kumihimo board that is  needed to make the bracelet was not available in my area so I made my own kumihimo board with cardboard and made the bracelet. Nothing can stop me  once I eyed on making something .

It is pretty easy to make if you make it with  medium fine wire. Mine was 20 Guage so I had tough time weaving it. Somehow I managed to put it together without having kumihimo board. It came out OK  .It was not bad for a first try.

Click here to see the tutorial .

Materials used :
1. Gold color wire 20 gauge
2. Czech glass beads size 6/0 color emerald
3. Nose pliers and wire cutters










I made this into a cuff style bracelet as i didnot have 8mm ribbon clasps. I just rounded the edges with nose plier and left it like that. But jump rings and hooks can also be attached if needed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment